My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evolvingnewsroom.co.nz
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Thanks for the tweets, RNZ

Well done Radio New Zealand for setting up a newsfeed on Twitter. It's good to be able to get New Zealand news updates this way (to balance out the many overseas news feeds available).

There may be a few kinks to iron out, mind you, in that the feed gets a bit repetitive - I was informed several times over today about our Southland sheep-shearing champion, Jimmy Clark. Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed with his achievement (560 ewes) but I only needed to hear about his efforts once.

I think Twitter is best suited for breaking news - just the top line - and updates when something has changed. It's not well suited for a stream of repeated bulletin headlines across the day - they clog up your Twitterbox, make it harder for you to see other tweets of interest and leave you reaching for the 'block' button.

No idea what I'm talking about? Go here, sign up, find me (I'm starrjulie) and follow me. (Or just click on the link on the left of this blog.) You'll soon get the idea.

0 comments: