My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evolvingnewsroom.co.nz
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Compfight.com is my new favourite image searching tool

My colleague Stephen Harlow put me onto compfight.com on Tuesday last week and I was so taken with it I immediately included it in presentations I did on Thursday and Friday.

















Compfight.com makes light work of searching Flickr for images. Type in a keyword or two, hit enter and you get a full page of images to look at - small enough to see lots on one page but not so small as to be hard to see. If you see one you like, click on it and it takes you through to the image page on Flickr. Genius.

A particularly useful feature for me is that you can easily restrict your search to images with Creative Commons licences - which are more likely to be available for use in presentations, blogs and the classroom. You can already do this in Flickr using the Advanced Search function, but compfight.com makes it much easier.

blog comments powered by Disqus