My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evolvingnewsroom.co.nz
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Twitter moves news faster than ever - earthquake ripples

I heard about the 7.8 earthquake in China's Sichuan province about five hours ago via a colleague on Twitter and retweeted it immediately. Little was known then.

I went out for a few hours and when I got back it was being tweeted by BreakingNewsOn with the news that 900 children were reported buried and at least 109 people killed.

Then I noticed Paul Bradshaw keeping a close eye on the story's Twitter progress on OnlineJournalismBlog.

Extraordinary how far round the world this story went in such a short time and how much detail and information was added to it along the way.

0 comments: