My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evolvingnewsroom.co.nz
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Words of the day: fun, simple, people

So much for plans to blog live from Webstock: wonky wifi meant I was offline most of the day - at a web conference, go figure. Better luck tomorrow.

Webstock did a great job today. There was a lot on and I feel like I've been around the world in a day, or something equally exhausting (who knew sitting still and listening could be so tiring). Highlights for me were a look at Django, which seemed every bit as usable as I'd heard, plus a great session from Jason Santa Maria on design as narrative and being about storytelling.

A few kernels:

it's all about people
it's all about tools
keep it simple
design is narrative
gather data: find out how people really behave and design for that
watch trends
read economics and psychology
hire the right people
fire the right people
let users have fun

0 comments: