My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evolvingnewsroom.co.nz
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Evolving Newsroom is moving

The time has come to say goodbye to Blogger and hello to Wordpress: this blog is moving shortly to http://evolvingnewsroom.co.nz.

If you're a subscriber you shouldn't notice any change in service - the RSS feed should update itself (all going well). And I'll put a redirect on here in the next day or so to automatically route to the new site.

Why am I moving?

Because the combination of my own domain with WordPress offers way more flexibility and I've wanted to have a good play with WordPress for ages.

As it turns out, it also offers a fairly sharp learning curve as I figure out how to make things work in this new environment. It's a good learning curve, though. It's fun chopping out bits of code to see what happens and hoping like heck I don't break anything.

The new site isn't as settled as I'd like it to be - I'm still hunting for the right look and functionality (a rather time-consuming process). But it's functional for the most part and I want to make the switch before my job cranks up again for the year and starts swallowing my time.

So, wish me luck and I'll see you after the jump.

blog comments powered by Disqus